Monday, July 30, 2018

Hitting the Triceps


Hello garage warriors. This installment, July 30, 2018, we're carrying on with the arm development. This time we are focusing on triceps development in the Iron Paradise. I am still keeping on track of focusing on arms only for a while. My cardio is five days a week. I do it early in the morning and row 5k-10k on my concept 2 rower which is 250-500 cal burned. I am still using fasted cardio. My goal is to shave off as much fat as possible. Meanwhile, I am working to add arms. I am only lifting 2-3 days a week in the afternoon. I hit the arms hard (separate biceps and triceps workouts) and then leave them alone to grow.

The Triceps Workout

The triceps workout I incorporated is by Darrell Moore of Strength Team on YouTube.


Darrell Moore has some really good no nonsense training videos on his channel. My training log with this workout is here.

Triceps Workout Journal

Workout

1. Close Grip Bench Press
  3 sets 8-12 reps
  Last set drop set     6,8, 8-10

2. EZ Curl Bar Extensions
  3 sets 8-12 reps

3. Seated DB Extension
  3 sets 8-12 reps
  Last set drop set     6,8, 8-F

4. DB Kickbacks 
  3 sets 8-12 reps
  Last set drop set     6,8, 8-F

5. Bench Dips
  3 sets 10 reps

Garage Warrior Hacks

I have been dealing with an injury in my right shoulder.The shoulder tends to click or be painful when I work arms and shoulders. I discovered that when I didn't use my bench and pulled it out of the squat rack, I could bench press off the floor of the rack with minimal pain. Benching from the floor gave my shoulder the support it needed to get through some intense workouts.  Here is what my squat rack setup looks like for close grip benching dumbbells and the olympic bar off the garage floor. I lay on a strip of my gym floor foam tiles. For close grip dumbbell I use dumbbell hooks and hang them off the olympic bar for initial lift off. 


Squat Rack Setup for DB Close Grip Bench off the Floor
This setup seems to allow me to hit the triceps hard with close grip bench or Moore's DB presses.

That's it for now. Keep working out and keep chasing the dream!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment